below are some game changers that work for me, either to stay on track or get back on track with life, goals, and whatnot.
- lists. the ONLY way i can get things done is by writing a list. i’m one of those folks who add something to a list, just to cross it off. crossing things off just feels soo good. small gains lead to greatness. i got daily lists, monthly lists, yearly lists, vacation lists, and 3-year lists…#uNameIt.
- exercise. SUCH a drug. 75% of the time i have to pep talk myself into giving my muscles some work, and ESPECIALLY to complete the entire workout, but man, who can deny the feeling after a workout? on. top. of. the. world.
- writing. pen to paper, or fingers to keys. shoot, it’s 2017, put that voice-to-text feature to some use. trust me when i say this is straight therapy. i start and words flow. eventually i come to some resolution whether that be, “soo why am I caring about this again?” or “ahh, i see why I’m trippin.”
- traveling. the feeling when i step off a plane or train in new land is indescribable. i get so much life from exploring places outside of the routine. seeing how others live gives perspective, plus…who doesn’t like trying new foods? not this girl.
- a good ‘ol laugh. laughing with others is probably my favorite human interaction. in millennial speak, that’s: LOL. LOLZ. LMAO. LMFAO. LMBO. ROFL. Laughing with tears emoji. a shared laugh brings us together. having a bad day? find a youtube video and just laugh. it may not cure the day, but it will certainly trick your brain for a bit, which may make getting out of your funk a little easier. can’t laugh? start with a smile. can’t smile? uh, yes you can…fake it until you make it. your brain will thank you.